This weekend, I had some hangups, and still got quite a bit done, knitting-wise. What other wise is there? I mean, t.v. -wise I don’t really think it’s an accomplishment to get the DVR down to 38% full is it? It was only a few percentage points above that anyway. Family-wise, I hung with the niece and nephew Friday night and K the rest of the weekend, and that’s great, but…..it’s every weekend, right?
The socks….I knit faster than I think sometimes. There was 3-4 inches to go until the heel should start, so I knit through a show and measured again. Of course I was past where I wanted to be. Oops. But it’s fingering weight and only a few rows, so I’ll go with it. I’m doing the Fish Lips Heel, and it does look pretty cool. No gaps. K came over to look and even he noticed just how smooth the transition is.
I finished one side of the Houndstooth Cowl. As mentioned previously, it was fun. However, once again, I show just how poorly I read patterns. I start to look at how to end the thing and realize I was supposed to start with the contrast color from the inside portion, not the current contrast portion. So at the very beginning, I made a mistake that I am just going to have to live with somehow. Ugh. Read, Janell, read. I cannot seem to teach myself this tiny little important thing. Oh well. In the end (literally) I will fudge it to make it work. As per usual.
A mistake also reared it’s ugly head on the Hemlock blanket. I feel as if I am pretty great at fixing lace patterns, especially after Rock Island and Susan’s lessons, but I just couldn’t seem to figure this out. I put it down, finished something else, came back, and miraculously the mistake just jumped out at me, along with the fix. Back on track now, so all is well. It’s getting bigger.
Over and out Knittas. : )